CHEMUNG  SPEEDROME
CHEMUNG, NY
The Chemung
Speedrome
was built in
1951 by Eli Bodine and
family in a natural bowl
along Wyncoop Creek Rd.
in Chemung N.Y. The
track was originally
dirt-surfaced and hosted
a wide array of home
built 6 cylinder 'bugs' and
'moderns'.  It was later  
paved and after some
lean years, was closed in
1978. After buying the
track in 1985, one of the
current owners Bob
Stapleton started to
rebuild the track in 1997,
and in 2000 the track
re-opened as a state of
the art facility and still
hosts weekly races. Here
are some images of the
tracks early history.